Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

EncaustiCamp Monotypes


Another EncaustiCamp has come and gone. It was a gigantic effort on the part of many helpful hands but most of all of our leader, Trish Baldwin Seggebruch. Here we are at Daniel Smith's in Seattle at our book signing. The book is Encaustic Revelation and it is a compilation of the classes taught at camp in 2013. Each teacher wrote a chapter based on what they taught and all the proceeds of the book go toward a scholarship fund.


I'll show you some work from the monotype portion of my class in a moment. 


You'll find plenty of this at EncaustiCamp. Friendship and inclusion.


Wonderful bonds being formed. Lots of laughter and learning.


On the field trip day we went to the Seattle studio of Willow Bader and were privileged to watch her paint.


She had a great studio set up unlike ones I'd seen previously.


Her big gorgeous space with brick walls and windows to the ceiling inspired all of us. You can't see the architectural features here because she's set up a protective wall for the wax splatters.


Standing behind me is one of the new teachers for 2015, Erin Keane. She's going to be a great addition to the staff. A book binder! And wax. She'll be greatly loved.


Dawn on the lawn yoga. Getting the kinks out before classes commence.


Demo time. See my new gray hair? I've joined the league of "silver is the new blonde".


Now I'll show you a sampling of monoprint work that came out of the classroom.






























Tomorrow I'll show you some of the collographs that were created as well as the collograph plates. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all of this beautiful artwork with all of us! And thank you for the link to Willow's work. What a fantastic portfolio she has and an awesome studio set-up!

Clare Wassermann said...

It looks wonderful. And yes I joined the silver bonnet brigade yesterday....just at the front mind you!!!!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Congratulations on joining the "silver bonnet brigade". I've been a member for a few years and it is truly freeing. You look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your work! I am always so inspired by my visits to your blog. You are amazing at what you do! Thanks so much for sharing.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

How wonderful! Still wish I could sit in on your monotype classes. Do you offer it online?

Michele R. Unger said...

These mono prints are just amazing. They make me itch to be printing and I love how juicy and free they all are! I am so glad you had such a great time at camp!

Love the hair. ;-) Welcome to the club!

XO

Dayna Collins said...

Love all the photos along with descriptive commentary. Beautiful.