Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Singing with all my Heart

I have a beautiful share; this post from the Dishwasher's Tears. Check it out and then come back. (But you might need to add him to your blog lines.)

I love underwater things. It's the best metaphor for the subconscious, rich and fecund. It's full of hidden treasure; better than a pirate's gaudy bijoux by far. The subconscious is where I go diving and what I bring back is the self-knowledge that keeps me whole. 


 The etching in the photograph is one that I got from a friend (Kevin Moore) back in the '70's when we were printmakers in the same studio. It's very large; over 21x35" which is a lot of zinc plate to wipe by hand. The print hangs in our bedroom and reminds me of the quiet deep; the hidden mysteries. My private sea fever.

Here's Laurie's song in case you want to hear it again. Although reading the poetry as written in Scott's blog is a beautiful experience in itself.


So two brief announcements here.

Numero Uno
The first is that I'm opening up sign-ups now for the Mixed Media Journaling online class that I've been working on for the past 2 months. We'll start on March 12th and work together for 4 weeks doing art and writing in our personal journals. This is a class that's been very popular at numerous art retreats and because we have 4 weeks we'll be able to do more writing and self exploration. Go here to read more about the class and sign up.



Numero Dos
While the Hot Wax online class ended nearly two months ago, I now have the entire class available on DVD as an eBook. This eBook, beautifully designed by Laurie Jacobsen with internal and external links, contains all the videos, lessons, questions and answers and is downloadable to your desktop or to read directly from the DVD to save space on your hard drive. You can read about the topics covered in the class and order it here.

I'm preparing for a beach weekend with a group of women; can't think of a better winter break right now. I'll sneak in some watery, sea fevery photos for you soon. mmmm salt water dreams.

9 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

Judy it sounds splendiferous. If I don't do the class (my mum is gravely ill and I don't know where we will be with that in March) I shall definitely buy the book as I can do that in my own time and I suspect it could be very therapeutic at that point.

roc said...

your new class sounds amazing judy! i am sure it will be a tremendous success. your journal work is really inspiring.

Kim Mailhot said...

Amazing ! Amazing! Amazing ! Judy and the sea...love it !

The new class sounds like heaven. Will see if the Universe brings me some cash so I can be there this round. I am wishing it so !

Much love and enjoy the sea !

Seth said...

Both the online class and the eBook sound wonderful! So does a weekend at the beach.

huntla1 said...

Signed up for the class. Planning on the eBook. Can't wait!

Brian Kasstle said...

I just signed up! I can't wait to start!!!

tearful dishwasher said...

Judy=

Thanks for the shout out, girl.


yrs-


tearful

somepinkflowers said...

oh
my
i am over here
STILL
~~melting beeswax~~
so
i will need to pass
This One by
at this go~round...

{{can i wait for The Movie?
how about this--->
can i wait for The Book? }}

:-)

listen
on your last posting
with the tres Handsome young man...
yep,
that posting...

i thought
the smoothie-ville photo,
from being on the turnip wagon,
was a part of the way you make those yummy kraft booklets...

HAhahahahah...

THAT
is what i get
for being side*tracked
by the photos...

i was so like---> WHOA!
how does that yummy pinkness
turn into brown paper...

good grief!

wellll..
off to make more Morning Tea.
clearly i need something
WITH caffeine this time...

oh oh oh
the word verification
down there is this:
nocitypls...
i sure sign if ever i saw one...

judy,
DO NOT go into the city today,
please!
now i know i'm not!
stay home
and art your heart out,
i say!

a sign has been given!
HONEST!

nocitypls

Regina said...

I just signed up! So excited~ woot woot!!