Pages

Friday, February 01, 2008

Six More

This first one was inspired by a photograph I found of a long ago Easter Sunday when my babies were all fussed up for the egg hunt. That's my brother-in-law holding Stephanie and Shellie is the little one in the yellow dress holding the Dr. Seuss book "Hop on Pop". Both of my sisters are the tall girls in the photo; I presume I took the picture. I love my little sister Sue's flip (very popular at the time) and her teenage look of unhappiness at being caught fraternizing with our dorky family.

Then I went on a binge of Buddhas; playing with them in the photo program and then waxing away.

The green buddha and the hills of China (above).

The buddha with the japanesey writing (how would I know . . . an uneducated guess.)

A purple buddha for no particular reason.

A spooky buddha because I like the gaussian blur . . .

Oh, the cutest buddha of all! Yes, it's DH again with that precious face of his. What's better, the slicked down hair or that snappy sailor suit. Even as a baby he wins my heart.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh (long deep sigh) judy........ these pieces are so fabulous. and that little piece of text, "these are your riches" how beautiful are those words?
sigh.
swoon.
and more baby photos of your sweetheart.
dogoneit!

Kelly Snelling said...

click, click, whistle, whistle, stomp! that's me cheering your new works! love the mix and variety you created with the photos. and John! oh the photos of him are so endearing. what a soulful little fellow.

Lynn Cohen said...

I have a pic of my brother (now 71) ins ame sailor suit! ;-)
Love the top photo too, of the family, a "period piece" already.
Funny. At least Hop on Pop is still in vogue.

Ro Bruhn said...

More great work Judy, I love the Buddhas and the sailor suit.
Ro
xo

eb said...

oh my goodness - oooooooooing and aaaaaaaaahing, calling the husband over to look - I just popped in for a quick peek and will have to come back for serious savoring - these Buddhas and the pieces below just blow me away...

getting out the wax...

oh so inspired...

xox - eb.

Jill said...

Hi Judy...
What a wonderful place you have! So many completely awe-inspiring creations! I love the journal you made in your Dec. 31st post... I have always wanted to learn book making.... your cover is beautiful... I made some paper last summer... what fun... I may just have to do some more and create my own book. Thank you so much for the wonderful visit!

Karen Cole said...

sigh.......nice Buddhas. What size are you doing on these pieces?

Karen Cole said...

It suddenly occurred to me that my comment"sigh...." may have sounded like I may have thought the buddhas were boring or whatever....

...on the contrary, I was thinking more to the effect, why am I not this prolific!!!!? dammit!

Candace said...

What a wonderful treasure trove you have here. Your blog often helps get me through the day, the week, the season.

Dale said...

Your buddhas are awesome! I especially like the one on the yellow bg. I adore the feel that they have here. I find it amazing that wax can do such awesome things. I bet seeing them in person, seeing the process, would be absolutely facinating.