Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

Seven Quirky Things

I've been tagged by kelly rae to tell seven quirky things about myself. Here goes:
  1. I am a compulsive writer - I don't wiggle doorknobs or touch things 20 times but I do write or draw constantly. If I'm on the phone I'm scrawling, if I'm at my desk I'm making lists, if I'm in my studio I have an implement in my hand and I am using it. Fortunately I can sell my marks and jibber-jabber - I have turned a sickness into a career.
  2. I eat junk food even though I know better. Ice cream and Taco Bell burritos and diet cola are my vices. And Burgerville Strawberry Shortcakes. (cringe)
  3. I cut my own hair, constantly and badly. I don't care so much that it looks funky, I just like to do it. In fact I spent 45 minutes on it this morning and it is shorter than ever.
  4. To follow up on that, I am a Do-It-Yourself girl and I will try anything short of brain surgery. As an artist, I have an illogical belief that I can do anything.
  5. I buy a fair amount of my clothes at the Goodwill so I can spend all my money on shoes.
  6. I have the hardest time making up my mind. I see all the sides of an issue and that makes it difficult for me to take sides.
  7. The same things that are my deepest desires also terrify me. I am both shy and outgoing; love to travel and fear the travel, want to do things that I fear doing. I wish I could just forge ahead like I think others do with no doubts to block my progress.
I am a tag ender as another blogger recently said and not a tagger so I won't have to rack my brains thinking of other people to tag. Thanks, kelly rae, this was fun.

7 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Wow Judy, that could have been me answering those questions especially numbers 3,4,6 and 7, I also gave myself a hair cut this morning.
Ro
xo

patti said...

Great finding out things about you. Have just finished catching up on your Spanish Adventure - just fantastic! I am inspired to go looking for a door knocker - our doorbell ran out of batteries months ago and I like the idea of doing things the old fashioned way. Now off to find an interesting one ....

Carla Sonheim said...

Oh, please! Tag me! Tag me! (I'm NEVER tagged!!!) *grin*

Kel said...

I am such a tag ender too! And a meme dropper and prompt procrastinator! Love this particular one though, and even answered it myself! I'm finding out such interesting things about people. I especially identify with your nos 4, 6, and 7.
Kelly

Paulette Insall ~ Reflecting Colors of the Soul said...

It was great reading your seven quirky things. :) I can especially relate to numbers 2,6,&7.

Coloribus said...

You are right; that's marvellous to be able to transform its "defects" into creative forces and I believe that it's necessary to create with its doubts to be an artist ;o)
Your journal pages are beautiful :o)

kelly barton art + design said...

umm....was that me answering the seven ??? for you? that is scarey.

i am so happy to know that it isn't just me!