Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

August Garden and Paintings


This is my world this summer. It's been a cool one in Oregon and I like that. For some reason I feel less pressure this year. Ha! Maybe because I've become more hermit like.


John has the place looking great and he's clearing a spot for my new art shed which is going up across the driveway from my studio and will be used for encaustic, cold wax, and to store paintings and canvases.


It's going to be big for a shed: 12x16'. Nearly 200 sq. ft. of work space and storage. It's scheduled to go up in September while I'll be off teaching so when I return I'll have a big move-in to look forward to.


It's been a summer of dreams realized which is a gift at this time of my life.


Over the years of selling at art fairs and in coastal galleries, I've never pursued gallery representation in my own town and I've recently made it a goal to find a place where my work will fit and where I can grow. 


Happily, I'm now a part of and will soon have work in 12x16 Gallery.

I'm really and hugely happy about this. 
I like the other artists who show here, like the friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and feel I can learn and contribute.


I'll have my own show there in May of 2017 and I'm happily painting in anticipation.


Meanwhile our cool summer commences and the flowers are a joy as well as the time I'm spending in the studio.

"Headwinds" 24x24" Acrylic on wood panel

"Summer Buzz" 24x24x1.5" acrylic on stretched canvas

"This is What I Know" 24x24" acrylic and collage on wood panel

"Toybox" 24x24x1.5" acrylic and collage on stretched canvas

"Getting the Hang of It" 30x30x1.5" Acrylic and collage on stretched canvas

"She Did It Anyway" 30x30x1.5" Acrylic and collage on stretched canvas

"Back Me Up on This" 30x30x1.5" Acrylic on stretched canvas

"I Only Want Poetry" 24x24x1.5" Acrylic on stretched canvas

"Game Plan" 30x24x1.5" acrylic and collage on stretched canvas

"Barefoot Creek" 12x20x1.5" acrylic and collage on stretched canvas

That's what's going on in the garden and the studio. It was too wet to photograph in the garden this morning but everything is coming in and we are enjoying a bounty of greens, garlic, tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs and potatoes. Fat watermelons, pumpkins, tomatillos, peppers and corn are coming soon. 

In a week I'll be flying to Maine for a painting workshop with Steven Aimone and on the 5th of September I'm off to Barcelona and Bordils Spain for a month of teaching workshops. I'm looking forward to both trips; great adventures and opportunities to learn. I'll report back on my return.

Thanks for stopping by. xo


6 comments:

Carol said...

Absolutely loving your painting lately!

Kim Mailhot said...

Your work is so amazing, Judy. I am in awe. So excited for you!
Enjoy the sweet fruits of your summer! ❤️❤️

cathy said...

Hi Judy - love these pieces. You know how our art tastes change based on different sources of inspiration? - well these days I am really into abstract and these just really did it for me. Where's my paintbrush - I am inspired!

Ro Bruhn said...

Gorgeous garden Judy and your paintings are fabulous, they reflect the colours in your surroundings. Have a wonderful time in Spain. Often think of the happy times we had when you visited here. xo

lyle baxter said...

your flowers are lovely and your paintings terrific~ have fun on your travels!

femminismo said...

It's so difficult not to feel jealous of your gorgeous gardens. I think if I were nearby I would just go roll in all the flowers and eat the tomatoes and watch the clouds overhead. So glad all is well with you. Your paintings are a marvel.