Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Life and the Journal


I arrived home from Oaxaca on September 14th and I leave for Australia and Bali on Tuesday. 


This interlude at home has been so sweet, so good with my family.


We had our Birthday month celebrations at Pacific City at the beach and our Birthday people were surprised and excited to be honored once again. 
Here is Stephanie feigning surprise and John all tickled with his cozy new couch cuddle.


It seems like the harvest will never end this year. A bumper crop of figs, plums, autumn raspberries, watermelon and cantaloupe along with the usual vegetables are keeping John busy.


Meanwhile I'm packing my suitcase and crossing items off my numerous lists. Writing in my journal to soothe my pre-travel nerves.


John's zinnias are a consolation. They're so unusually beautiful; at first I thought they were dahlias.


I admit I'm going to miss Autumn very much.


Meanwhile it'll be Spring in Australia. Summer in Bali. 


This is a small painting I did over a month ago. I've been shirking my painting duties.


Journal pages. That's what I've been doing instead.


If you have Facebook you'll see my on-the-fly posts as I travel in the coming weeks. Otherwise, I'll be back in November with photographs and stories.

Keep dreaming. 
Keep believing. 
xo


22 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I love your posts and the way you work in your journal. I wish you would do an online class on journaling. I would definitely take it Have a wonderful time in Bali

Judy Wise said...

Glenda, do you know about my eBook?

http://www.canby.com/judywise/Journal*.html

Karen Cole said...

Have. An amazing time on your trip. Relax, soak it all in, eat healthfully, sleep peacefully, create happily, meet new people who have happy written on their faces, be inspired and mostly, live in the moment. Peace and love, Karen.

Karen Cole said...

Oh, and I hope you bring more than one bra and one panty !!!!!

say**yes said...

oh my goodness, you're off on another fabulous journey! You're leaving the day before I arrive in Portland--but I hope somehow I'll see you when you return in November. Your journal pages and garden shots never fail to make me feel awe...Wishing you a most delightful trip! XOXO Patricia Z.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I love seeing your journal pages, Judy. I am always so tickled to see your clothing drawings, they delight me so. Have a wonderful trip, can't wait to see your posts on FB and when you are back to your blog. Safe travels!

Clare Wassermann said...

A life of dreams and you have made them come true. Love your post as ever xxxxx

huntla1 said...

I love you Judy Wise. Just thought I would let you know!

kim beller said...

have an amazing adventure judy. can't wait to watch it all unfold with your beautiful photos and journal pages! i love the "i am judy" collage piece in your journal…. :) beautiful and safe travels to you.
xoxo
kim

Ro Bruhn said...

Coming to Oz again Judy, it's a pity we don't get to see you this time. Have a wonderful stay here and in Bali. Looking forward to reading about it. xo

Seth said...

Enjoy your travels Judy. Safe trip. Say hi to Australia for me!

Carina said...

A Gardening Question - What type of zinnia's are those that John grew and where does he get the seed. I have never seen any like those.

Mary Ann said...

safe travels beautiful

Jackie PN said...

Love your journal pages Judy and your garden bounty is beautiful!! Safe travels and looking forward to more on your trip!

Ruth Armitage said...

Thanks for sharing :) Wishing you a trip full of joy & wonder.

Kelly said...

I love these as always, but I particularly adore the little sketches of your packing list.

Tara's Art Camp said...

It is/will be a wonderful month for you. I can't wait to hear about your travels. What an awesome time.....

Vicki Miller said...

Well it is Spring here in OZ. I hope you enjoy your time here.

A'n'G Johnson said...

what fabulous journaling!!! I'm jealous of your travels and life experiences. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a magical journey, we'll keep the homefires burning til you return������

Jenni said...

Hi Judy, i just love your journal pages and i want to begin something similar, i was curious what size journal you use?

Lynn Cohen said...

Are you traveling more this year than usual or am I just not keeping up? Wishing you marvelous times in all spots visited! Sounds heavenly. Love the journal pages. You draw your clothes so cute! Well they are! I'll be in Portland over the Xmas holidays...any chance you will be in the area then or off gallivanting world wide? Holidays are a hard time to get together probably anyway, but thought I'd say.