Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May News


In and out, back and forth. This time to Arizona to visit my grandson and the old hippie gang. One of the old geezers has cancer (actually he's younger than I am) so a bunch of us decided to surprise him with a visit and then his wife organized a full on party and reunion.


Beautiful Mt. Hood out the window.



We've all slowed down (the people from the Big House) and a few of us have gone ahead but we still managed to make a party of it. I drove by the house I grew up in and visited Nathan. It was an emotional roller coaster. Some of the old friends I hadn't seen in over 40 years. 

gang on Make A Gif



I brought back the quilt I made Nathan for his high school graduation 10 years ago. It needed repairs and I got right on the job. So glad to see the wear and to know that he loves using it. 


Nothing says love like a hand made quilt.


John harvested his first garlic this week. Let the good eating commence!


And the peonies have arrived. What show offs they are.


Before my Arizona trip I assembled a friendship quilt that a group of us created for our friend Lorraine Lewis. The girls sent their squares to me and I assembled the quilt.


Jackie Cate, Stephanie Lee, Renee Plains, Jeanne-Marie Webb, Katie Kendrick, Jenny Wentworth, Misty Mawn and I each made the quilt squares.


This is my square and shows a bit of the border.



And this is the finished quilt.
We have roses!


Columbine.


Dahlias.


Awesome peonies by the armload.


More scratches and scribblings. It's miraculous how painting and making marks soothes me.


Life is such a gift. And you don't need to be rich to paint. More proof that life is good.

12 comments:

Kimberlee said...

So much beauty in this post. :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Did you put the bottom right hand square upside down on purpose or am I seeing something not there!?
Beautiful squares.

Your trip and visit sounded like great fun, except for the sad parts.

That moving group shot is a hoot.

Husband garden is surely heaven on earth. I know I keep saying this.

Love the being repaired quilt too. I didn't know you were a quilter too!

Michele R. Unger said...

Oh, the flowers! The peonies! The quilts!!! The treasured 10 year old and the brand spankin' new one....both beautiful and just chock full of love. Your spirit just lifts me up, Judy. Your point of view is so positive and full of love and openness. Thanks for making my mood lift and open my eyes to all the beauty and love around me. I needed a boost (shove?) and you provided a gentle, firm one. Bless you.
XO

Tara's Art Camp said...

Such a wonderful post! Yes we don't have to be rich to paint.
Warm hugs. Tara

Seth said...

What a wonderful opportunity to spend time with your fiends. That GIF is priceless!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

As always, a wonderful post with with all the things I love. Flowers, gardens, friends, quilts and your journal treats.
Thank you for blogging!

Roberta Warshaw said...

So many wonderful things to post about!

kim beller said...

beautiful….all of it~ and YOU.
xo

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I agree with the comments above, the quilts are fabulous, as are the flowers and the garden and that group photo and everything about this post! I can feel the love in everything you share with us, thank you for that.

Dawnri said...

That rose bush is amazing! sorry to hear about your friend. I love your perspective on the situation.

akartisan said...

boy, that was a FULL sketchbook - gorgeous photos!

Parabolic Muse said...

Judy, this makes me cry a little. It is so lovely to embrace time, at least for me, when so many times I have fought with it. Thank you for sharing your journal pages. It's always a treat.