Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Melbourne and Cold Wax eBooks

Two announcements today in my ongoing effort to get caught up. The first is about my upcoming trip to Australia. The Jervis Bay class has filled but there is still space in the Melbourne class (link here). This will be my first trip down under and I'm really looking forward to finally coming face to face with many online friends that I've met there. I absolutely love meeting other artists and exchanging ideas, friendships and experiences.  I hope you will consider joining me in Melbourne.


I dug up a few cold wax paintings to tempt you.


Everybody has their own "favorite thing" to love about working in cold wax. For me it is the ability to carve into the paint, to build and deconstruct the painting over and over.


One of my online class explorers commented that you can do everything with cold wax that you can do with hot wax and I thought that was a great way of putting it. It's the most versatile of media and you don't have to use a lot of special equipment.  


My second announcement is that the cold wax eBooks arrived yesterday and the first batch has already gone out in the mail. So if you're unable to come to my class in Melbourne (or any other cold wax class that you've heard of) you can purchase the eBook here and study in your own studio. The class has gotten very good unsolicited reviews from the people who took it; I think you'll like it too. 

Ciao! 

7 comments:

Bel said...

I can not wait to come to Melbourne and do this class with you Judy, a big leap of faith for me with being shy and not knowing anyone but a leap I am very excited about :)

Dale Parker said...

Yea! Can't wait to get my Cold Wax ebook.

Serena Barton said...

Wish I could be with you in Melbourne! I'm looking forward to reading the ebook! I'm besotted with cold wax these days, and I know I'll get great info and inspiration from your book.xo

femminismo said...

Going to get one of these. I saw your link about this ebook right after I commented "Hurry up with the cold wax!" You sure do give fast results. :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting Judy! I know you will have a wonderful time and your very lucky students will too. Melinda

Lynn Cohen said...

You are quite the globe trotter! Happily following your adventures. Vicariously.

Jennifer W. said...

How I wish I could jet to AUS with you...these pictures are amazing, and I'm sure quite spectacular in person ... AUS is one of my favorite places that I've traveled, but way too long ago.