Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

EncaustiCamp Preview - My Class


Just a little reminder that I'll be teaching at EncaustiCamp July 13-17. My class is entitled "Painting from the Hot Palette" and will cover the techniques of adding colorants (dry pigments, oil paint) to encaustic medium and then painting with those colors just as you would paint from a palette of colors in oils. The difference is that wax hardens immediately so there is no waiting for paint to dry. In addition, the texture is yummy!

I'll be throwing in some transfer techniques (the above painting includes a transfer) and some collage tips. This class is suitable for beginners as well as experienced encaustic students.

The way the retreat is set up is that you'll choose 3 instructors for 3 days of intensive wax study. After hours there will be extra-curricular activities on schedule as well. Trish has worked hard to make this event affordable as well as inspiring and we hope you'll consider joining us for a weekend of intense creativity and fun.  


4 comments:

Judi D. said...

So wonderful! Wish I could go :-(

Unknown said...

she is stunning!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love this piece. Good luck with the camp.

Anonymous said...

You have me seriously considering going.

I am dying to try encaustics.blit