Pages

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

One More Last Goodbye

When I should be packing I am instead filling out a questionnaire that I found that sounded enticing because it was put together by Marcel Proust. The questions were interesting so I gave it a shot. Here it is:

What is your greatest fear?
I don't dwell on fear.

What is your current state of mind?
excited about going to Boston tomorrow

What is your favorite way of spending time?
creating art, studying art, talking to artists, reading, visiting with friends & family

What historical figure do you identify with?
none

Which living person do you most admire?
my husband

Who is your favorite fictional hero?
Lao Tsu

Who are you're real-life heroes?
my mom, William, Ellen, Nancy

What is your most treasured possession?
cannot choose one - my house and everything in it?

When and where are you happiest?
Mornings at my journal

What is your most obvious characteristic?
creative energy

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
my hyena laugh

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
cruelty

What is your greatest extravagance?
workshops & travel

What is your favorite journey?
workshops

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I don't dislike my appearance

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
honesty

On what occasion do you lie?
I don't exactly lie

Which words or phrases do you overuse the most?
the word “love”

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
nothing at this point, I yam what I yam.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
getting away from my past; the poverty of spirit, ignorance, meanness

Where would you like to live?
where I do live

What is the quality you most admire in a man?
a kind heart

What is the quality you most admire in a woman?
experience in many of the areas that we have in common

What is it you most dislike?
man’s inhumanity to man

What is it you most value in friends?
common interests & good hearts

How would you like to die?
I’d rather not

If you could choose an object to come back as, what would you choose?
a tree or if it has to be an inanimate object then a stone

What is your motto (words that you live by or a mean a lot to you)?
all you need is love

Who has been the greatest influence on you?
my early school teachers who singled me out for love and encouragement and gave me a long term vision for my life

That's it. Now I REALLY have to go pack!!

7 comments:

Mary Tafoya said...

Lao Tsu is fictional????? Very cool questionnaire, much more sophisticated than the usual variety. 8-)

Candace said...

Enjoyed this immensely, Judy. Thanks again for sharing so much with us and that little nest! Delightful...

Have a great great time.
Hug,
Candy

Chris said...

Thanks for this. Lots of food for thought...

Dale said...

I just love that beautiful nest pic you have at the top of this post. So very cool... nests always draw me in :)

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

You are fierce! And you sound confident and content in your answers. I like the questions, may have a go at answering them myself.

annie lockhart said...

loved reading your answers...good thinking questions! each one could send me into pages of writing! hugs...

Carla Sonheim said...

I love your answers, Judy. Your self-acceptance is beautiful.