Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Collographs with Akua Inks

And finally, here is a sampling of the collographs that came out of the 2nd half of the printmaking class. Above is an acrylic plate with a design made out of beeswax and then inked with Akua waterbased inks.

Making the collograph plate.

Inking it carefully by hand.

And finally, printing the plate on an etching press.

The first print is fairly dark with ink.

Then we roll up with Release Agent and pull a ghost print.

Here is our palette of colors. Wild!

And a sampling of prints. 

As I was busy helping around the room I only got a portion of the lovely work created.

The image above is one of the plates ready to print.

 Here you can see the glorious scenery outside our classroom.

The above print was a combination of collograph printed over a monotype.

And finishing up with a monotype that slipped through the cracks.

I want to thank all of the industrious and talented printmakers who joined me in the classroom. It was amazing. Truly amazing.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Encausticamp Monotypes Part 2

Here are the rest of the monotypes created in class.

I taught for 3 days.

We used Catalyst tools for a variety of effects.

This last one is the finger wiping paper of one of the participants. I think I had to crawl under a table to capture this shot from a stack of "rejects". 

Tomorrow I'll show you the collograph photos.