Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Encaustic Days 10-11-12


Today was celadon day to end 2010 and welcome in the New Year. I got stuck in the color and couldn't get unstuck. 


Sat quietly and plinked away at the wax. Thought about how some of us like to work fast and some of us slow. What I did today was very slow.


The little twins are cast plaster that I made from a ceramic doll that Judy gave me. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that gift. John and I have twins on both sides of the family and Judy is a twin too so this is in honor of all those twins.


I love the mystery of twins.


And the 3rd one for the day. I'm going to have to come up for air soon but maybe I can get in one more day. January is going to be huge. There are still 3 spaces left in the wax class at my home studio on the 15th and 16th. All the information is here. There will only be 4 total in the class so let me know quickly if you want me to save you a spot. I won't be teaching another one for several months. (you can e-mail me at judywise@canby.com)


Ciao and Happy New Year. xo

12 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Gorgeous colours together, love the mauve with the celadon. This brings back memories of my days as a potter, many years ago, celadon was always my favourite glaze.

Patty said...

So perfect, the color, the twins.

Melanie said...

I love that top one. I want to touch it! And the colors just captivate me ... serene, subtle, and I could just look at it all night. Love the texture of it!
I would love to attend your class, but just can't at the moment. I so hope that one day the planets align and I get to learn from you!
I hope your New Year's Eve is wonderful tonight!

femminismo said...

Edible, that's how the wax looks to me! I would love to take the class but I have another commitment. Crumb! Celadon. The word is a match for the color. Don't know why. They just go together well. Both very sophisticated.

lyle baxter said...

as your page opened I said "Oh, Judy" -the first picture is wonderful! the color is perfect. what a pleasure to see!

Beth said...

Happy New Year, Judy! I hope you have a 2010, filled with creativity and squishy wax and lots of color, and lots of love.

Jo Reimer said...

This is incredible work, Judy... very much an original voice developing here. This work is so reflective of winter in Oregon. I like the twins embedded in the work as well as other elements you've embedded or referenced.

dosfishes said...

Wow Judy, these colors are fantastic and the textures and twins, simply sublime! xox Corrine

Yvette said...

I would love to learn more from you Judy, especially encaustic painting. The textures and colors are so mysterious! :)
Happy New Year Judy!!

tearful dishwasher said...

Judy-

These works are fantastic. Really strong and beautiful.

Happy New Year to you!

yrs-

tearful

jill nalette said...

happy and beautiful new year to you, judy! i love the green. it's the color of my bedroom.
love ya!
xo and smiles~ jill

Maria said...

Amazing and inspiring work! Love what your are doing with the encaustic process, gorgeous!