Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Moving Very Slowly

Moving very slowly. That's really an understatement. I can't get cards written or e-mails answered for the life of me. Addictive computer games (thanks Seth!) and hot cocoa, yes. More than that, not so much. The clock is tormenting me. This is the only winter down time I'm going to get and what do I do with it? Apparently, very little.

We're going to be snowed in for the next two days according to the weatherman. Ayyeeee ...

Thinking of all the twins (and triplets) in my family and John's. Twins are so special. Can't remember where I read it but something to the effect that a twin can never do anything more spectacular that just being a twin. (certain exceptions!) It's that magical.

I still don't have nurses out of my system. Or lifesavers. You can't see the sign in the school photo but it was taken at Lehi School in Arizona; actually the students are my age now but I am not in the picture. Lehi has connotations for several religions - I won't go into the variables but the multifaceted and paradoxical nature of the reference was perfect for where my brain is. My brain. If you see it, could you notify me?

10 comments:

Bridget B. said...

We all need the down time, darlin'. Breathe with it. Your brain is taking a little nap in the corner and will return refreshed and full of exciting new ideas and enthusiasm.

Trust me. It happens to me all the time.

Kim Rae Nugent said...

Your top picture portrays how I feel...snow today and more on the way. I always think when I am busy about all that I could accomplish if I was snowed in...Mark and I have been playing FreeCell on our computers :)

lklight said...

Oh no, step away from that game!
I went there, started playing & knew that I had to leave right away!
Does somebody need a belly rub?

Lynn said...

I don't know when you did all this awesome art, but it looks like being productive to me.

I've been slowed down artistically and been making order instead.
Neater than I was...Can't wait to create the next mess though!

Well some art if crocheting and knitting scarves and hats five in a week count!

Allegra Smith said...

Your brain is out with mine; I think they are having fun because I have not heard a peep out of either one.
The soup will keep, the snow is lovely if we don't think about it too much. Love to you both.

Jeane said...

Judy, the first image is fabulous!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

I would be amazed if you didn't require rest periods for refueling. You produced so many heart grown pieces this year along with the teaching trips that it stuns a plodder like me. Love these works.

Meri Arnett-Kremian said...

It is no doubt tucked under a fluffy blanket, hiding from the frigid weather, thinking of sugarplums and the sweet smell of beeswax. It's there... just taking a nap so it can dream of new adventures. So blessings and happy solstice!

John G. said...

I, like Jeane am in love with that first image!

Chris said...

If I see a brain, I may scream like a girl. But after a while I'd be willing to snap a photo of it and if you can identify it... it's yours!!

these are, as always, lovely.