Pictured above are a few sheets of collage papers I've created in PhotoElements this week. I decided to combine images and make paper for as yet unimagined projects; I just knew that if the paper was lying around it would eventually find its way into something cool. I've been collecting examples of vintage writing so these I combined by tearing up several styles and glueing them to a backing sheet and then scanning that to make the handwriting composite.
Here is one of my first uses for the paper. I used sheets of it to cover wooden (poplar) frames that will be waxed and used to frame a couple of encaustics I have in the works. I'll post those when I get them finished. The images to be framed are collages that contain acrylic and plastic elements that won't support the encaustic (adhesion incompatibility) so I've coated them with galkyd first and have to wait for that to dry before proceeding.